Those of you who have been following me know that I’ve been testing for Nokia the upcoming Nokia Lumia 800 PR1.2 firmware for a little while. Nokia asked me to keep details about the new code confidential until its release but now that the cat is somewhat out of the bag (the firmware has already been pushed out to Nokia Care’s server and discovered by several folks) I’ll give you some more info about what you can expect in build 1600.2487.8107.12070 / PR1.2 :
- The Fast battery drain issue has been fixed
- The lack of audio Bass when listening through headsets has been fixed. There’s a whole lot of bass now..
- The auto-white balance issue with the camera has also been fixed
- The hardware buttons backlights are now always on at all screen brightness levels
- Diagnostics app has been changed to prevent users from getting misleading info about their device
- Focus Mode is now set to Normal by default in the camera app
- The jittery screen issue (bad grounding) has be reduced
- More stuff that I won’t talk about
So, just hold on to your Lumia 800 and don’t give up hope cause Nokia has been working hard on fixing most of the issues that have been plaguing the device since its launch.
UPDATE: Just got word from Nokia that you can expect the PR1.2 / 1600.2487.8107.12070 update to roll out very soon.
UPDATE 2: Just to be perfectly clear: There has been no official announcement yet for the date of availability. So just be a little bit patient.
UPDATE MARCH 9th: The FW is now being officially rolled out and you can manually update your device if you wish to do so. Just follow the instruction I posted here.
Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter and regularly check back here for more info about Nokia’s Windows Phone handsets and future update info. The guys in Finland aren’t joking and really want to see their Windows Phones succeed.