The latest major Firmware update for the Nokia Lumia 800 may have fixed the most important issue; namely the buggy power management, but it unfortunately also introduced an annoying audio volume bug than made playing games in particular a real pain alongside other oddities like a super loud ringer volume the first second when a call arrives. Anyway, Nokia has finally put an end to all of this via a new Firmware update: 1600.2487.8107.12072 which has already started to roll out in some regions and that you can manually apply to your handset by following the instructions below (at your own risk):
- Download the PR 1.2 1600.2487.8107.12072 FW here.
- Download the update from the first link above then download the WPupdate tools from here.
- Unzip the Tools in a folder then copy the firmware to the same folder as the tools.
- Plug in your device, wait until the Zune client starts and then close it.
- Run the the Updater and press S or B (depending on the size of your balls..)
- your phone will then reboot in download mode and update (don’t unplug it or do stupid things with your PC during the whole process..)
Besides the volume bug fix this new 12072 firmware also contains an updated Camera app with auto detection of 50/60Hz and updated camera settings. Unfortunately I can’t see any of those changes… Anyway, there’s also an Improved charger detection in there…happy flashing.