A new Samsung Omnia 7 firmware has just been leaked a few minutes ago and is available for everybody to download. The I8700XXKC1 XXKB2 is said to include NoDo but not much else is known about it yet. I’ll will try to flash my Omnia 7 device with it in a few minutes a report back to you.
The only downside to this is that the phone will be hard reset so all the personal info (SMS,MMS, installed apps, pictures etc) will have to be re-installed after the rom is flashed.
Update 1: The Firmware is dated March 24th so it’s safe to assume that it probably includes the 7390 version of the OS.
- Firmware version is now: 2418.104.22.168
- Radio Software version : 2422.214.171.124
- Bootloader: 126.96.36.199
BTW, the firmware includes the 7389 NoDo version of the OS but you will be prompted to update to 7392 on the first boot (that’s why you see 7392 in the picture above).
Will post more later once I finish setting up the device.
Update 3: FYI the only way to fully update the firmware is to download the previous one and copy the CSC file into today’s firmware directory. If you don’t do this you will only be able to update the Radio and Bootloader.
- The capacitive buttons are now disabled if the screen is touched so that you can no longer accidentally exist an app/game while playing (this feature is also present in the latest Samsung Focus firmware).
- Data connectivity and performance (GSM and WiFi) seems to be improved with this new Radio rom. Content is fetched faster from the web.